These pull-apart Honey Butter Dinner Rolls are light, fluffy and made without any yeast, eggs or oil. Infused with honey and fresh herbs, these Parker House-style dinner rolls are perfect for your holiday table this season!
These pull-apart honey butter dinner rolls are absolutely delicious and you’ll never believe how easy they are to make! Just 5 simple ingredients and these homemade dinner rolls come together in just 30 minutes, no need to wait for the bread to rise. I have seen this viral 2-ingredient dough recipe all over so I had to try it for myself! The secret ingredient? Greek yogurt! I also mixed in some fresh herbs and honey which make these rolls just perfect for the holidays. The result is a buttery crisp exterior while being warm and fluffy on the inside. So, so good and I honestly couldn’t believe how easy they were to make!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- A lighter take on classic dinner rolls!
- Easily made with just self-rising flour, protein-packed Greek yogurt, honey and fresh herbs.
- No yeast needed in these rolls so they come together very quickly.
- This recipe also makes a delicious pizza dough!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- self-rising flour – this is a mixture of all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt which allows these dinner rolls to rise without using any yeast. If you don’t have any self-rising flour, you can easily make your own by using regular all-purpose flour and adding in 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Greek yogurt – I used plain Greek yogurt which adds a good amount of protein to these rolls, but you could also use vanilla flavored yogurt as it would give these rolls an extra touch of sweetness.
- honey – the addition of honey both in the rolls and brushed on top just makes these rolls sweet, cozy and delicious!
- butter – you only need about one tablespoon of melted butter to brush on top of the rolls once they come out of the oven to give them that buttery flavor we love in a dinner roll. I used unsalted butter since I like to sprinkle a little flaky sea salt on top as well.
- fresh herbs – I used a mixture of fresh sage and fresh thyme in these rolls, but rosemary would be amazing as well! We are adding fresh herbs to the dough as well as sprinkling on top once they are done.
- salt – this is needed to season the rolls and I like to sprinkle on a little extra flaky sea salt after baking!
How to Make Honey Butter Dinner Rolls
- Make the dough. In a large mixing bowl using a spatula (or you could use a stand mixer using the dough hook attachment), mix together the self-rising flour, Greek yogurt, honey, fresh herbs and salt until all combined and a dough forms. If your dough is too sticky, feel free to add in a little extra flour until the dough is easy to work with.
- Form into rolls. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and get a little flour on your hands so that the dough doesn’t stick. Knead the dough a few times until you have a nice smooth ball of dough then cut into 12 even sections. Roll each section of dough into balls and arrange them in a prepared baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake. Place the rolls in the oven and bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 to 30 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Whisk together some melted butter, honey and fresh herbs and brush over the tops of the rolls. Sprinkle with some flaky sea salt, if desired, and pull the rolls apart to serve warm. Enjoy!
Tips, Tricks and Substitutions
- If you don’t have any self-rising flour, feel free to use all-purpose flour and add in 2 teaspoons of baking powder plus an extra 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- I baked these pull-apart rolls Parker House style because that is what we always enjoyed growing up, but you could easily spread the dough rounds out on a baking sheet for individual round rolls.
- To get crisper golden tops on the rolls, make an egg wash using one large egg light whisked and brush on top of the rolls before baking.
- To make these rolls more savory you could add in some shredded cheese along with some garlic and fresh herbs.
- These would also make great breakfast rolls with added sausage, eggs and cheese!
Prepping and Storage
To Prep: You can easily make the dough ahead of time and store in a sealed, airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. This dough is also great for pizza so you can store extra dough for a variety of uses.
To Store: You can store leftover baked rolls in a sealed-airtight container at room temperature for 4 to 5 days, but I recommend enjoying these as fresh as possible as they tend to get chewy after a few days. Feel free to warm rolls up in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them again.
To Freeze: You can also freeze these dinner rolls for up to 3 months in your freezer. When ready to enjoy, first thaw them overnight in the fridge and then wrap them in aluminum foil on a baking pan and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
More Bread Recipes to Make
More Holiday Side Dishes
Hope you all enjoy these Honey Butter Dinner Rolls and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- 1 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh herbs (I used sage and thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional topping: flaky sea salt
For the honey butter topping:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl using a spatula (or you could use a stand mixer using the dough hook attachment), mix together the self-rising flour, Greek yogurt, honey, fresh herbs and salt until all combined and a dough forms. If your dough is too sticky, feel free to add in a little extra flour until the dough is easy to work with.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and get a little flour on your hands so that the dough doesn’t stick. Knead the dough a few times until you have a nice smooth ball of dough then cut into 12 even sections. Roll each section of dough into balls and arrange them in a prepared baking dish or on a sheet pan.
- Place the rolls in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
- Whisk together the melted butter, honey and fresh herbs, brushing the butter mixture over top of the baked rolls. Sprinkle with some flaky salt, if desired, and pull the rolls apart to serve warm. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 270.2 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.