We’ve teamed up with our friends at Stanley—makers of beautiful vacuum bottles, mugs, tumblers, and cocktail shakers—to prepare you for your next gathering. Here, we’re highlighting the sleek, versatile Lifted Spirits Prismatic™ Craft Cocktail Shaker Set.
A top-tier cocktail shaker is aesthetically pleasing, reliable, and well-made. In other words, the Lifted Spirits Cocktail Shaker from Stanley. Undeniably situated within the upper echelons of cocktail making equipment, Stanley’s shaker improves more than the drink you’re sipping—it adds convenience and style to the entire hosting experience.
After three weeks of heavy use—including multiple dinner parties, dishwasher visits, and plenty of whiskey sours—the Stanley shaker has established itself as one of my favorite bar cart essentials. Here’s why.
1. It’s gorgeous—and durable. Made from recycled stainless steel, the shaker’s subtle exterior is as durable as it is chic. Better yet, its clean look is confidence-inducing: It’s a whole lot easier to shake rosemary-grapefruit margaritas when you’re working with equipment that’s lightweight, looks great, and feels sturdy. Also, because it’s got such a clean look, if you use the shaker as a cup—like I have, multiple times—nobody will bat an eye.
2. It can handle any cocktail. As someone who writes about cocktails, I need a shaker that can stand up to any challenge. A few weeks—and many cocktails—into ownership, I’ve yet to find an ingredient or technique beyond this shaker’s capacity. If anything, the Stanley shaker has been crafting some of the best drinks I’ve had in a while (like this mezcal amaro cocktail).
3. It glows. Seriously. Thanks to Stanley’s Prismatic technology, the inside of this shaker—which double as cups—reflects light up and through your cocktail. Is this something I thought I needed? No, of course not. But do I appreciate that Stanley has provided my cocktail a complementary light show? Yes, yes I do.
4. It cools coffee fast. Sure, cold brew’s nice. But freshly brewed pour-over coffee shaken with ice? Now, that’s great. The Stanley shaker nails all the key components of an iced coffee shaker: It cools quickly, remains tightly closed during vigorous shaking, and has enough volume to produce a generous serving of coffee.
5. It’s just two pieces, which means there are fewer things for me to keep track of. Color this a “me problem,” but I’m guaranteed to lose (or break) the cap of pretty much any cocktail shaker I get my hands on. And if I’m shaking too hard, I might as well be dumping my cocktail directly onto my bar cart. Things get messy—fast. There are two ways I could fix this: One, I could get more organized and stop losing things (boring). Two, I could find a beautiful, functional, two-piece, cap-less shaker. Problem solved.
Of course now that I’ve got the right shaker in my hands, I can return to what actually matters: Making my friends the Manhattan that they deserve.
How would you use Stanley’s Lifted Spirits Prismatic™ Cocktail Shaker Set? Let us know in the comments below!
Founded in 1913 by inventor William Stanley, Jr., Stanley has created beloved products for the last 110 years. Whether it’s a celebratory gathering with friends, holiday dinner party with family, or cozy night in by the fire, Stanley has the perfect barware for your next solo evening in or for your gathering with friends for a festive happy hour. Available in a number of trendy colors, chic finishes and varying sizes, your Stanley is sure to become your new favorite bar cart accessory.