Tender and flavorful BBQ grilled shrimp kabobs are so easy to make.
These shrimp skewers are paired with juicy pineapple and green onion in a quick sweet and spicy sauce.
Pair them with grilled veggies and rice for a perfect summer meal.
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- This shrimp recipe is full of flavor and definitely customizable!
- Make meat or veggie kabobs, or a combination of both. Use whatever’s on hand.
- These kabobs are convenient and time-saving! Quick to prepare and cook, they’re ideal for easy weeknight meals or gatherings.
- Shrimp is nutritious and low-carb! Pair with your fave veggies, a side salad or grilled corn on the cob for a healthy meal.
Ingredients for Shrimp Kabobs
Shrimp – Choose jumbo or colossal-sized shrimp that are clean, peeled, and deveined. You can choose tails off or on.
Pineapple – Use fresh pineapple chunks or canned chunks that have been drained and patted dry.
Sauce – This is a simple sauce make from barbecue sauce, garlic and sambal oelek or chili paste for a little heat. You can DIY homemade barbecue sauce and add more or less sambal (chili paste) to your preference. For added sweetness, add a tablespoon of honey.
Variations & Additions
Shrimp cooks very quickly so if adding other ingredients ensure they’re quick cooking or par-cooked.
- Add slices of summer sausage.
- Wrap the pineapple in a small piece of pre-cooked bacon.
- Add extra vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, or bell peppers (ensure they’re thinly cut so they cook quickly).
How to Make Shrimp Kabobs
- Thread marinated shrimp, pineapple, and green onions onto skewers.
- Allow the shrimp kabobs to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Grill shrimp kabobs on medium-high heat until opaque (about 6-8 minutes). Serve immediately.
Tips for Great Kabobs
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using so they don’t burn on the grill.
- Keep shrimp, pineapple, or any variations cut to the same size so everything cooks uniformly.
- For perfect grilling, keep the heat at a medium-high and keep an eye on the skewers as shrimp tend to cook very quickly.
- For multiple batches, keep cooked skewers in the oven covered in foil so they don’t dry out.
Did your family love these Shrimp Kabobs? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Enjoy grilled shrimp and juicy pineapple on skewers for the perfect combination of savory and sweet!
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
Thread shrimp, pineapple, and green onions on metal or wood skewers.
In a small bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, garlic, and sambal oelek. Brush over the skewers and let marinate for 10 minutes.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the shrimp skewers for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Cooked shrimp kabobs can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat on the grill or in a frying pan.
Calories: 204 | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 183mg | Sodium: 857mg | Potassium: 494mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 189IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.