While a standard microwave can do a lot, a combination microwave can do so much more. Combination microwaves are larger and perform some of the same functions as an oven; many have baking and grilling settings, and some even have air frying or steaming functions.
We’ve tested a range of standard and combination microwaves to suit a variety of different homes and have been scouring the internet for all the biggest and more impressive deals on our best microwaves. We’ll be checking the microwaves on this list for any price changes, ensuring you only get the very best savings.
For recipes, resources and ideas for how to eat well on a budget, discover our Cook Smart campaign. Or visit our reviews section for more than 600 practical buyer’s guides offering unbiased advice on what equipment is worth investing in. Find everything from the best food processors to other energy efficient kit such as the best air fryers and best slow cookers.
Microwave deals at a glance
- Amazon – deals across a range of appliances
- Currys – save on small and large appliances
- Boots Kitchen Appliances – deals across dishwashers, fridge freezers and more
- AO.com – up to 15% off microwaves, coffee machines, air fryers and more
- Robert Dyas – savings across the entire Robert Dyas range
- Appliances Direct – up to 60% off appliances
- Argos – deals across all product categories
- Very – discounts are live across home and electricals
- Wayfair – winter clearance across small and large appliances
- John Lewis and Partners – deals across electricals and homeware
- JD Williams – discounts available now across home and kitchenware
All of these brands are competing for your attention, so they’ll be watching their rival brands’ deals and discounts closely and adjusting their prices accordingly. We’ve also seen brands like John Lewis and Partners, AO and Currys offering a price-match promise in the past. Keep an eye out for added extras on prices that appeal to you, such as free delivery.
Best microwave deals
Smeg 34-litre combi-microwave oven
Best combination microwave for style
Star rating: 4.5/5
This 34-litre model is a great choice for anyone wanting a stylish microwave that’s quiet to use and functional. It offers 40 settings and 10 programs that are easy to decipher and select. We loved the nifty shortcuts for melting butter and chocolate, too.
Panasonic 4-in-1 combination microwave NN-DS59NBBPQ
Best combination microwave for families
Star rating: 4.5/5
Wattage: 1000 (microwave), 1350 (grill)
This chunky appliance is expensive but incredibly versatile, and now is the perfect time to make a saving on it. It has microwave, fan convection and grilling functionalities, not to mention an excellent steam setting and easy-to-use control panel.
More like this
We also loved the flexibility of having two levels to cook, and the rapid cooking results were equally impressive. While less suitable for a smaller kitchen, if you have the space it will make a valuable addition to your countertop.
Read the full Panasonic 4-in-1 combination microwave review.
Russell Hobbs RHMD714G Scandi microwave
Best budget microwave
Star rating: 4/5
Featuring soft touch wood effect accents and a shiny mirrored door, this offering from Russell Hobbs is a fantastic model for those on a budget.
For basic microwaving tasks, this Russell Hobbs model did a pretty good job. Its 700-watt motor struggled to defrost chicken as quickly as we’d have liked, but if you’re looking for something on the more energy-efficient side, it’s worth considering.
Read our full Russell Hobbs Scandi microwave review
Russell Hobbs Buckingham digital microwave
Best microwave for ease of use
Star rating: 4/5
This Russell Hobbs Buckingham microwave got the basics right. For everyday defrosting and reheating tasks, this is a basic but sturdy and reliable option.
There are eight auto-cook functions for everything from reheating pizza, cooking pasta to cooking that microwave staple, a jacket potato.
There are also useful child lock and auto-start functions.
Read our full Russell Hobbs Buckingham microwave review
How do we find microwave deals?
When looking for microwave deals, we explore a wide range of retailer websites to see what discounts they’re offering. We’ve often found that the bigger retailers – Amazon, John Lewis and Partners, Currys, AO, for example – have dedicated sale days or weeks, where we’re able to find their best deals.
As retailers compete with one another, we’ve noticed that often prices can vary throughout the day. As such, we track all prices and keep this page up to date with the newest deals.
But our deals searches aren’t just reserved for the larger sites, we also look at smaller ones too. Often they’re able to offer a price that the larger retailers simply cannot. Our aim is to help you make informed purchasing decisions and find the best price, whatever the retailer.
How do we select microwave deals?
You’ll spot plenty of microwave deals around and it’s easy to become overwhelmed. But with BBC Good Food, you can rest assured that we will never recommend a product we’ve not tested ourselves. All recommendations are for products we feel are genuinely worth buying. Each microwave was put to the test by BBC Good Food reviews experts, using triple tested recipes to find out whether the microwaves were able to perform everyday tasks. Head over to our guide to the best microwaves to find which models made the list, as well as lots of useful buyer’s information.
How to get a good microwave deal?
- Head to the reviews: it’s easy to quickly buy a microwave with an impressive discount, but there’s every chance the model you’re looking at is a poor performer. The best way to figure out whether a model is going to give you what you want is buy reading reviews. At BBC Good Food, we’ve tested a range of both combination and standard microwaves to let you know what’s really worth buying.
- Stick to a budget: before you even begin on your research journey, work out how much you’re willing to spend. It’s great to be able to save money during sales, but the only way to really make the most of them is to stick to your budget.
- Buy when the price is right: many deals may only be around for a limited period of time, so once you’ve found a price you like: buy.
- Use tools to find out if you’re getting a good deal: CamelCamelCamel will let you know the price history of Amazon products.
All savings percentages have been rounded up or down to the nearest whole number.