Strawberry bread makes a versatile breakfast bread, anytime snack, or a decadent dessert.
This recipe for strawberry quick bread turns out sweet, moist, and oh-so-delicious. It’s loaded with berries, and a light powder sugar glaze makes the perfect topping.
Our Favorite Quick Bread!
- Our copycat recipe from Panera uses Challenge Butter to get that bistro-quality flavor and soft, moist texture!
- This bread uses simple ingredients you likely have on hand.
- Challenge Butter is farmer-owned and made the old-fashioned way from fresh cream from happy cows! It adds delicious flavor while making for an extra moist loaf.
- Make this easy quick bread recipe to serve with tea or coffee!
This recipe has been sponsored by Challenge Butter.
How to Make Strawberry Bread
A quick overview, here are the step for making the strawberry bread recipe below.
- Cream: Cream sugar and butter, add eggs and cream. Combine the dry ingredients.
- Mix: Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and fold in fresh berries.
- Pour: Batter into a metal pan and top with more berries
- Bake and Cool: Before slicing.
Pro Tips For Perfect Quick Bread
- If using frozen berries, toss them in the dry mix before adding them to the batter to keep them from sinking to the bottom.
- Use unsalted butter in baking and add your own salt.
- Don’t over mix, or the bread will be too dense.
- Let the eggs come to room temperature before use.
Save a Loaf for the Freezer!
- Store strawberry bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Wrap whole loaves or slices in plastic wrap and place them in zippered bags for up to 8 weeks.
- Use strawberry bread to make this favorite bread pudding recipe that can be made in advance and served hot or cold!
Our Favorite Quick Breads
Did your family love this Strawberry Bread? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Moist and sweet strawberry bread with a delicious glaze makes for a great breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×4-inch baking pan.
In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt with a whisk. Set aside.
In a separate medium bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Add eggs, cream, and lemon juice. Mix well to combine.
Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
Set aside 2 tablespoons of strawberries for topping the bread. Toss the remaining strawberries with 1 tablespoon flour. Remove any excess flour and very gently fold them into the batter.
Spread the batter into the baking pan and top with reserved strawberries.
Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Once the bread has cooled, combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
Drizzle over the top of the bread and let set.
- If using whole berries like blueberries, toss them in flour first so they don’t sink to the bottom of the batter.
- Ensure the butter and eggs are softened before mixing and cream until light and fluffy before adding other ingredients.
- Avoid overmixing the batter or the bread will be tough and chewy.
- The pan can be greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Use a metal baking pan for the best results.
- Be sure not to over bake the bread, a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Calories: 315 | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 268mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.