Inspired by PF Changs’ famous recipe, these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps are quick, easy to make and are full of so much flavor! Perfect as an appetizer, side or even main dish for a healthy meal the whole family will love!
If you are a fan of P.F. Changs’ lettuce wraps like we are then you will seriously LOVE these. Not only are the flavors in this dish insane, but the entire recipe literally only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. These lettuce wraps are perfect for an easy weeknight meal, but also make a delicious appetizer when having friends over. In fact, they’re so highly requested that I have passed this recipe out more times than I can count to friends and family would want to make them which is why I wanted to re-new this recipe for you all! So. much. FLAVOR
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ground turkey – I used lean ground turkey for the filling in these wraps because of the lower fat content while being a great source of protein, but you could also make these using ground chicken, ground beef or ground pork (we LOVE chicken lettuce wraps too!)
- Soy sauce – I always use low-sodium soy sauce as I find that regular soy sauce can make dishes too salty. You could also swap the soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos to make these gluten-free
- Hoisin sauce – sticky sweet boost of flavor!
- Rice Vinegar – adds a touch of acidity that helps balance all these flavors, but if you don’t have rice vinegar, feel free to substitute with white vinegar, apple cider vinegar or even a little lime juice
- Roasted red chili paste – adds a little heat along with a boost of flavor, you could also add some red chili flakes or sriracha if you want even more spice
- Garlic + ginger – fresh garlic and ginger are definitely best in this dish,
- Water chestnuts – add a nice crunch to these wraps, you could also add in shredded carrot and chopped mushrooms for some added nutrition
- Green onions – adds flavor and a pop of color
- Red pepper flakes – this is optional, but adds a nice kick of spice to these wraps
- Bibb lettuce – also known as butter lettuce, this is my favorite lettuce for wraps because of their perfect cup shape and how soft and buttery they are. Other great options include romaine lettuce leaves or iceberg lettuce
How to Make Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Brown the ground turkey. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is browned. Stir to crumble.
- Make the sauce. While the turkey is cooking, whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar and roasted red chili paste in a small bowl.
- Mix together. Once the ground turkey is cooked through, turn the heat off and add in the chopped green onions and water chestnuts. Drizzle with sauce and stir well until coated completely.
- Assemble lettuce wraps. Spoon about a ¼ cup of the turkey mixture onto each lettuce leaf, serve and enjoy!
Prepping and Storage
To Store: The delicious filling for these Asian lettuce wraps will last up to 4 to 5 days in the fridge stored in a sealed, airtight container. Trust me when I say, this meal tastes even better the next day! Make sure you don’t store the wraps already assembled as the turkey filling will wilt the leaves.
To Freeze: Let the turkey mixture cool completely and store in a sealed, airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Let the filling thaw completely in the refrigerator before reheating in a skillet or microwave.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Hope you all enjoy these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- 1¼ lb. lean ground turkey (or ground chicken)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons roasted red chili paste
- Pinch of salt
- 12 Bibb/Butter lettuce leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for about 6 minutes or until turkey is browned. Stir to crumble.
- Combine turkey mixture, onions and chopped water chestnuts in a large bowl, stirring well, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar and roasted red chili paste and drizzle over the turkey mixture. Toss to coat completely.
- Add about ¼ cup turkey mixture to each lettuce leaf, serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 lettuce cups
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 441.5 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 23.5 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.