Spice up your dinner rotation with these buffalo cauliflower tacos! They’re packed with crispy cauliflower, creamy avocado, and tangy vegan ranch.
These buffalo cauliflower tacos are fresh, flavorful, and FUN! I started making them when I was testing this air fryer buffalo cauliflower recipe and had lots of leftover buffalo cauliflower wings on hand. To make them a meal, I stuffed them into corn tortillas with crisp cabbage, creamy avocado, cilantro, and jalapeños. Then, I added a drizzle of vegan ranch to take it all over the top. The combination was so tasty that I knew I had to share a recipe!
These buffalo cauliflower tacos would be perfect for the Super Bowl this weekend (find more game day food ideas here!), but they’re also a delicious dinner on any night of the week. Serve them with a side of black beans, refried beans, or cilantro lime rice, or enjoy them all on their own. I think you’re going to love them!
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
The first step in this buffalo cauliflower tacos recipe is making the buffalo cauliflower. You can make it in the air fryer or the oven. Both versions are fantastic! Whichever you pick, the prep is the same.
- Break a head of cauliflower into large florets.
- Then, make a batter out of flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and water. It should be fairly thick–this helps it stick to the cauliflower!
- Next, coat the cauliflower florets in the batter. Arrange them in a single layer in your air fryer basket or on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Air fry or bake according to the instructions in the air fryer or oven buffalo cauliflower post.
While the cauliflower cooks, make the buffalo sauce! My recipe is a simple combination of Frank’s red hot sauce, melted butter, garlic powder, paprika, and honey, and it’s really easy to stir together.
For both cauliflower preparations, you’ll brush some buffalo sauce onto the cauliflower partway through the cook time. When it comes out of the air fryer or oven, you’ll add more.
Finally, assemble the tacos! Stuff the crispy cauliflower into warm tortillas with avocado, cabbage, cilantro, and jalapeños. Drizzle with vegan ranch dressing, and serve with a big squeeze of lime juice!
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos Tips
- Cook the cauliflower right before serving. It has the best crispy texture right after it comes out of the air fryer or oven!
- You can still get ahead. I don’t recommend cooking the buffalo cauliflower bites ahead of time, but you can prep some other components in this recipe in advance. The vegan ranch keeps well in the fridge for several days, so you can blend it up ahead of time and keep it on hand in the fridge. The same goes for the buffalo sauce. You can also chop the cabbage and jalapeños up to a day ahead and store them in the fridge until you make the tacos.
- Make them vegan. The only non-vegan component in this recipe is the buffalo sauce. To make it vegan, sub vegan butter for the regular butter and replace the honey with agave. You won’t be able to tell a difference between the vegan buffalo cauliflower tacos and the regular ones. They’re both delish!
- Change them up! I love this buffalo cauliflower tacos recipe as written, but there are all sorts of fun topping ideas you can try! Add pickled jalapeños or pickled red onions for a burst of tangy flavor, or sub crisp romaine lettuce for the cabbage. You could even replace the avocado with a scoop of my avocado mango salsa. The sweet, juicy mango would contrast SO well with the spicy, crispy cauliflower!
More Fun Dinner Recipes
If you love these buffalo cauliflower tacos, try one of these fun dinner recipes next:
Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
Make the buffalo cauliflower and the vegan ranch dressing according to the recipes linked above.
Assemble tacos in the tortillas with the buffalo cauliflower, avocado slices, and cabbage.
Top with jalapeños and cilantro and drizzle with vegan ranch. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.