You need this spicy mayo recipe in your life! Creamy and tangy, with a delicious kick, this simple condiment livens up sushi, tacos, and more.
It would be hard to overstate how much I love spicy mayo. Maybe you can relate? It’s creamy, it’s zingy, it’s full of fiery spice. How could you not want to eat it on sushi, let alone tacos, veggie burgers, or a side of French fries?
Like many people, I first started eating spicy mayo at restaurants, but for years now, I’ve been making my own at home. It’s just too good to save for when you’re out to eat, and it also happens to be super easy to make! My recipe calls for four basic ingredients, ones you likely have in your pantry already: mayo, sriracha, lime juice, and a little toasted sesame oil. It only takes a minute or two to mix up. What are you waiting for?
Spicy Mayo Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this spicy mayo recipe:
- Mayo, of course! My biggest tip for this recipe is to choose a good-quality mayonnaise. It’s the main ingredient in this sauce, so you’re really going to taste it. I like Kewpie mayo and Sir Kensington’s avocado oil mayonnaise. Sir K’s makes a great vegan mayo too. You can also make your own vegan mayo using this recipe.
- Sriracha hot sauce – It adds the spice to this spicy mayo recipe!
- Fresh lime juice – For brightness and tang.
- Toasted sesame oil – It adds nutty depth of flavor to this simple sauce.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Sriracha Mayo
My method for how to make spicy mayo is as simple as stirring these four ingredients together! Start with the measurements listed in the recipe below. Then, taste and adjust the sauce to your liking. Add more sriracha if you prefer a spicier sauce, add more lime if you want it brighter, or mix in extra mayo if you want to tame the heat. With a little tweaking, it’ll be easy to find a balance of flavors you love!
How to Use Spicy Mayo
You can store spicy mayo in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for about 4 days, so it’s a great sauce to keep on hand for jazzing up simple meals. Here are a few of our favorite ways to use it:
How do you like to use sriracha mayo? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Sauces and Dips
If you love this spicy mayonnaise recipe, try one of these delicious sauces or dips next:
This spicy sriracha mayo recipe is a quick and easy way to jazz up sushi, tacos, burgers, and more! Find our favorite serving suggestions in the post above.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice, and sesame oil. Taste and adjust as desired.
Use as a sauce for these sushi bowls, this vegan sushi, or your favorite sushi recipe. Find more serving suggestions in the post above.