Steak fajita roll ups are fun and festive for the whole family and look extra special sautéed with bright colored bell peppers and fresh asparagus seasoned with my homemade fajita seasoning then rolled up in the flank steak. This makes for a light and delicious dinner!
Steak fajitas are the perfect combination for a fun Mexican meal. These Amazing Steak Fajitas or these Grilled Steak Fajita Skewers with Avocado Chimichurri have the same homemade fajita seasoning that is mouth-watering, good! I also love this quick air fryer version of my Chicken Fajitas, it’s so quick and full of amazing flavor!
Steak Fajitas Roll Ups
Sizzle your way into this steak fajita recipe! These roll ups are just perfect for a light meal or a quick. I love how easily these are made and come together so quickly on a busy night. They seriously take less than 20 minutes! The best part is, you get SO much flavor packed in this meal without tortillas or even guacamole (although you can totally add those, they are amazing with this too!)
This recipe is so simple I wouldn’t be surprised if it became your new favorite! I added my favorite homemade fajita seasoning, which is super easy to whip up and is made from spices you probably already have in your pantry. You will use a flank steak, which is already thin but pounding it to be a bit thinner helps it cook evenly in the skillet. These fajita roll ups are the perfect dinner completing it with some white or Mexican Rice! Your family will absolutely love these and beg for more.
Steak fajita roll ups are so simple to make! With just a few ingredients, you can make a delicious, filling, and flavorful dish. This is a complete meal that your family is going to love! I would also recommend squeezing fresh lime juice over the top for the perfect finish! You can find the exact measurements below in the recipe card.
- Olive Oil: Heat the olive oil for the bell peppers, onions and asparagus to cook in.
- Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers: Slice the bell peppers thinly, then sauté and roll up in the flank steak.
- Onion: Thinly slice the onions to be sautéed with the bell peppers and added to the roll ups.
- Asparagus: Cut in half and use the top part of the asparagus when sautéing and putting them in the flank steak.
- Fajita Seasoning: My homemade fajita seasoning is the BEST and adds such a pop of flavor to these roll ups.
- Flank Steak: Pound the flank steak until it is thin, then cut into long thin strips for wrapping the vegetables in.
How to Make Steak Fajita Roll Ups
First, prepare and slice the vegetables then sauté them in a some oil. While they are sautéing prepare the flank steak by pounding and cutting in sections for the roll ups. Now stuff the flank steaks with the fajita vegetables and cook until the steak is cooked through. It is that simple and a light, easy dinner is on the table within minutes.
- Sauté the Vegetables: In a large skillet on medium-high heat add the olive oil and place bell pepper strips, onion and asparagus inside. Add 1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning to the veggies. Sauté until almost tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the Flank Steak: Pound the flank steak until ¼ inch thick. Slice in half lengthwise and divide equally. Add the vegetables into the center and roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Cook the Steak Roll Ups: Heat the skillet to medium-high heat. Season the steak roll ups with fajita seasoning mix. Add them into the skillet. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until steak is cooked throughout.
How to Eat Steak Fajita Roll Ups
If this is your first time eating steak fajita roll ups, I have some tips! Honestly, I was a little hesitant at first trying to figure out the best way to eat them. I finally just grabbed one a took a bite out of it, oh my goodness amazing! I do have some tips for how to enjoy them in different ways that everyone loved!
- Taco Style: Looking for something to hold onto while eating? Grab a corn tortilla and warm it up on a skillet with some oil. Then pop one of these roll ups in there with some fresh pico de gallo and you have the ultimate street food.
- Grab a Fork and Knife: Keep it classy (and low carb) by eating it with a fork and knife! It’s really great and lower in carbs when eaten this way. You could also make a great cilantro ranch dressing to pour over the top to add more flavor to the mix.
- Stuff a Burrito: One of my kids really wanted to make a burrito, so we grabbed our flour tortillas and made a few. Let me tell you, they were incredible! We added some rice and refried beans to make it official. It was such a hit!
These steak fajita roll ups make really great leftovers! They are so flavorful the next day, I might even like them better. Here is how to store your leftover roll ups.
- In the Refrigerator: You can store your roll ups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
In a large skillet on medium high heat add the olive oil and place bell peppers, onion and asparagus inside. Add 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning into the veggies. Sauté until almost tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
Pound the flank steak until ¼ inch thick. Slice in half lengthwise and divide equally. Add the vegetables into the center and roll up and secure with a toothpick.
Heat the skillet to medium high heat. Season the steak roll ups with fajita seasoning. Add them into the skillet. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until steak is cooked throughout.
Updated Jan 4, 2022
Calories84kcal (4%)Carbohydrates3g (1%)Protein7g (14%)Fat5g (8%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Cholesterol17mg (6%)Sodium17mg (1%)Potassium195mg (6%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A566IU (11%)Vitamin C59mg (72%)Calcium11mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.