These colorful Grinch Kabobs are an easy-to-make Christmas dessert or appetizer, using 3 ingredients that the whole family will love. Best of all the kids can make these unsupervised.
Suitable for gluten free and vegetarian diets.
Fans of Dr Seuss How The Grinch Stole Christmas will absolutely love these colorful and fun Christmas Grinch Fruit Kabobs!
This super easy recipe, made with only 3 ingredients can be made by the kids with no supervision. It is definitely a fun activity that the whole family will love too.
These make a great festive holiday snack for any Christmas holiday party, Grinch movie night, or a simple Christmas dessert.
Why Make This Recipe
- Festive – perfect recipe for entertaining and scales up for a crowd.
- Pretty presentation – Adding fruit star shapes makes a fun festive presentation for the holidays.
- Kid-Friendly – a healthy holiday snack that will satisfy a sweet tooth with minimal candy.
- Fun – yes, please to fun and colorful food on a stick.
- Customizable – use your favorite fruits – just remember the colors.
- The whole family will love it – especially the kids.
- Strawberries – use fresh berries for this. Each strawberry will act as the grinch’s hat.
- Green grapes – this recipe calls for fresh grapes. Each grape will act as the grinch’s face.
- Marshmallows – use both mini marshmallows and a large marshmallow to complete the Santa hat.
- Skewers – you can use wood skewers or toothpicks.
How To Make Grinch Kabobs
Get full ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
- Cut green stems from strawberries and discard them.
- Cut large marshmallows into thirds.
- Assemble by first threading a green grape onto the skewer, then, thread a marshmallow onto a skewer, then a strawberry (large side first tapered end last), and top it off with a mini marshmallow.
- Repeat until all are done.
- Serve fruit skewers plain as is or decorate faces with frosting.
Recipe Tips For Success
- It is best to cut the marshmallows with kitchen scissors or shears.
- Make sure to use medium-sized strawberries. If they are too heavy they may break off from the skewer.
- Feel free to use toothpicks instead ok skewers.
- Cut the end of the skewers if these are too long.
- Feel free to decorate the face with frosting or edible writing gel.
These adorable Grinch Fruit Kabobs are perfect as is for the Christmas season, but you can certainly make a few substitutions if you prefer.
- Use banana slices instead of marshmallows for a healthy holiday treat. If using a banana slice, squeeze some pineapple juice, apple juice, or lemon juice over them to keep them from turning brown.
- Use raspberries instead of strawberries.
- I have used kiwi cut into rounds for the grinch’s head.
- For best results make this within 2 hours of wanting to serve them.
Looking For Other Fun Snacks?
Get the Grinch Hat Fruit Kabobs Recipe
Don’t forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try How To Make Grinch Kabobs! It is really, really awesome for me when you make one of my recipes and I’d love to see it. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Please pin this recipe to Pinterest too! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry.
How To Make Grinch Kabobs
A quick and easy Christmas treat for the whole family
Cut green stem from strawberry and discard.
Cut large marshmallows into thirds
Assemble by first threading a green grape onto the skewer, then thread marshmallow onto skewer, then a strawberry (large side first tapered end last) and top it off with a mini marshmallow.
Repeat until all are done.
Serve fruit skewers plain as is or decorate faces with frosting.
Calories: 17kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.01g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.1mg