My FAVORITE Detox Salad that is healthy and loaded with fresh veggies like brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale and cabbage all drizzled with a lemony ginger dressing! This salad makes a ton to last you all week!
Note: This post first appeared on February 3, 2016. It has been updated with bright new photos, but it’s still the same delicious recipe you all love!
Do you ever have one of those weekends where you feel like you literally ate anything and everything in your house whether out of boredom, because you had people over or you simply said EFF it and wanted to eat?? Ha well it happens to the best of us and sometimes we just need a good old ‘detox’ after a fun-filled weekend of drinks and ridiculous amounts of chips, salsa or anything else we decided to rid our pantry of! That’s why I LOVE this salad so much, seriously I’m obsessed! It’s packed with so many nutrients and gives me that extra boost needed to get my body feeling normal and healthy again.
This detox salad is legit loaded with so many delicious veggies such as brussels sprouts, broccoli, carrots, kale and cabbage, has such great texture with the added sunflower seeds and crunchy almonds, and it literally makes a TON so you are sure to have plenty to last you the whole week! I just love making this because I can easily just throw everything into my food processor, blend away and I’m done. Doesn’t get much easier than that, huh? I’m also so obsessed with this dressing as well. I like to make a big batch of it on Sundays so that I have some at work as well as in my fridge at home since I’ll literally eat this salad anywhere.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Kale (any leafy greens will do though!)
- Brussels sprouts
- Red cabbage
- Almonds and sunflower seeds
- Lemon Ginger Dressing (see recipe below!)
How to Make My Favorite Detox Salad
- Chop, chop, chop! First you’ll want to give all your veggies a rough chop. Then place the kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots and parsley in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until all the veggies are finely chopped (this may take a few batches depending on the size of your food processor). You could also finely chop all the veggies with a knife, but trust me, a food processor is much easier!
- Add nuts and seeds. Next you’ll add in the almonds to the food processor and pulse a few more times until the almonds are roughly chopped. Transfer the chopped salad to a large bowl and mix in the sunflower seeds.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, grated ginger, dijon mustard, honey and salt until the dressing is creamy and smooth.
- Store until ready to serve. To keep this salad as fresh as possible, make sure you store the salad and the dressing separately and toss together right before serving!
Homemade Lemony Ginger Dressing
Every salad needs a good dressing and I know you all will love this one! Bright lemon flavor, tangy dijon mustard, sweet honey and ginger really make this the perfect dressing. To make this, simply whisk together (or shake!) all the ingredients in a bowl or mason jar…and that’s it! Then just store the dressing in a sealed airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to use. This dressing will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge, but definitely tastes best as fresh as possible. I also like to make my dressing a few hours ahead of time before serving so that those flavors can really marinate!
Prepping and Storage
This salad tossed with the dressing will really only last you one day, so to keep this salad as fresh as possible, I like to store the salad and the dressing separately and just toss together right before serving. This salad makes a TON so if you’re planning on eating it throughout the week, simply drizzle on a little of the dressing at each meal, storing the rest for later. I personally like to store my dressings in mason jars because they have a nice tight seal, they are easy to take on-the-go, and you can just add all your ingredients and give the jar a good shake!
More Healthy Salads You’ll Love
Hope you all enjoy my Favorite Detox Salad and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 to 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (or juice of two lemons)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Using a food processor, process all the veggies up to the parsley until finely chopped and mix together in a large bowl. This may take a few batches.
- Add almonds to the food processor and pulse, until roughly chopped, and mix in with the salad along with the sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over top of the salad OR place in a jar and use as needed. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 162.8 mg
- Fat: 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7 g
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 8 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.