Delicious Chocolate Granola Apple Wedges easily made in just 10 minutes for the perfect after-school fall snack! Sliced apples layered with melted chocolate and sprinkled with homemade granola!
Apple season is officially here! And what better way to enjoy them than with melty chocolate and crunchy granola?? Such a fun snack that is super quick and easy to make that your kids (and you!) are sure to love. I mean you can basically call these ‘apple nachos’ and there are so many fun toppings you can add like peanut butter, caramel sauce, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, the possibilities are endless. This simple little snack is actually one of the first recipes I ever posted on my blog over 12 years ago so I thought I’d update the photos and share just in time for fall and for all the kids going back to school!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Apples – I personally love honeycrisp apples, but any type of apples will do!
- Chocolate chips – I used Lily’s chocolate chips which are sweetened with stevia making the sugar content really low and they taste delicious! You could also of course use regular chocolate chips, but the sugar content will be much higher.
- Coconut oil – I like mixing in a little coconut oil when melting chocolate because it makes the chocolate a little thicker and really helps create that perfect shell when it hardens without affecting the taste
- Homemade granola – this is my super easy maple cinnamon granola recipe and feel free to add in some chopped nuts, shredded coconut and additional spices. Alternatively, you could also use your favorite store-bought granola.
How to Assemble Chocolate Granola Apple Wedges
This is literally as easy as it looks! Cut two apples into several wedges and arrange the slices on a plate or platter. Melt chocolate chips and a little coconut oil, mixing well, and drizzle over top of the apple slices. Top with homemade granola and they’re ready to serve! Your kids will absolutely love this and will have fun assembling the apples with you. Pro tip: Squeeze a little lemon (or lime) juice over top of the apple slices after cutting them to prevent them from browning.
Other Fun Toppings
- Swap out the melted chocolate for caramel sauce (try my delicious salted caramel!)
- Drizzle on some peanut butter, almond butter or any favorite nut butter (you could also mix in a little honey or maple syrup for some added sweetness!)
- Sprinkle on a little cinnamon or other warm spices
- Chopped nuts such as pecans, walnuts, peanuts, etc. and I also highly recommend toasting them for even more flavor!
- You could also add some shredded coconut, chocolate chips, crushed pretzels, or sunflower seeds
- Make them festive with some fun sprinkles for a pop of color that your kids will love
More Apple Recipes You’ll Love
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Arrange apple slices on a plate, set aside. (To prevent them from browning, squeeze a little lemon juice over top).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 15 second intervals, mixing well, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over the apple slices and top with granola. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 21.7 g
- Sodium: 25.8 mg
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9 g
- Fiber: 13.3 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.