This Healthy Broccoli Salad is loaded with fresh broccoli, juicy grapes, red onion, crunchy sunflower seeds and raisins all tossed with a delicious zesty honey dijon dressing made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo!
Oh how I love a good broccoli salad. Unfortunately, most of them are loaded with so much sugar that it defeats the purpose of eating all these delicious veggies! This recipe is lightened up by using Greek yogurt in place of the mayo and a touch of honey instead of refined sugar. Trust me, the grapes and raisins in this salad add their own sweetness without needing all the sugar! The result is a crunchy, flavorful broccoli salad that you can actually feel good about eating. I also LOVE how the raisins just soak up the dressing leaving you with little pops of flavor in every bite!
This healthy broccoli salad is easily made ahead of time making it the perfect dish to bring to parties, potlucks or gatherings! You can also make this ahead of time for your meal prep and enjoy it throughout the week.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Broccoli – this is the star of the dish and you’ll need about 5 cups of broccoli florets cut into bite-size pieces, about 2 small heads of broccoli
- Greek yogurt – we are swapping out the mayo for some Greek yogurt to make this a much healthier salad! You can of course use mayo instead if you prefer
- Dijon mustard – this gives such a delicious zippy flavor and helps to balance out that strong Greek yogurt taste
- Apple cider vinegar – this adds a nice tangy flavor
- Honey – adds a little sweetness without using any refined sugar, you could also use maple syrup
- Lemon juice – adds a fresh pop of flavor and brightens up this whole salad
- Salt and pepper
- Mix-ins – I used chopped red onion, raisins, red grapes and sunflower seeds, but you could also add in some cooked bacon, your favorite chopped nuts, or even some shredded cheese!
How to Make Healthy Broccoli Salad
I love how quick this salad takes to throw together with just a few simple steps!
- Chop your veggies. Wash and chop the broccoli into bite-size florets, chop the red onion and slice the red grapes
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon juice and salt/pepper until creamy and smooth. Feel free to add a touch of olive oil or water if you want a thinner consistency.
- Combine everything! Mix together all the ingredients for this salad and toss together with the honey dijon yogurt dressing until everything is nicely coated. Taste the salad and season with additional salt and pepper, as needed.
- Let chill. You’ll want to let this salad chill in the fridge for at least an hour or up to 24 hours so that the broccoli really soaks up that delicious dressing and everything is more flavorful!
What to Serve with Broccoli Salad
This broccoli salad is the perfect side dish to serve at cookouts, pot lucks or really any social gathering, but I especially love this cold, crisp salad during the summer months! This is also a vibrant green dish to balance out all those burgers, pasta salads and other food items that aren’t such healthy choices.
Prepping and Storage
I always love making this salad the night before I’m serving it so that the broccoli can really soak up the dressing which makes it so much more flavorful! If you aren’t making this the night before, I suggest letting it chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. This broccoli salad will last in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days.
If you decide to make this further ahead, store the dressing separately in a sealed, airtight container then toss with the salad a few hours before serving. I personally like to store my dressings in mason jars because they have a nice tight seal, they are easy to take on-the-go, and you can just add all your ingredients and give the jar a good shake!
More Broccoli Recipes to Try
More Salad Recipes to Try
Hope you all enjoy my favorite Healthy Broccoli Salad and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup red grapes, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- To make the dressing, whisk together Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon juice and salt/pepper in a small bowl or jar until creamy and smooth. Feel free to add a touch of olive oil or water if you want a thinner consistency.
- In a large bowl, add in the broccoli, grapes, red onion, raisins and sunflower seeds and mix in the honey dijon yogurt dressing until everything is nicely coated. Taste the salad and season with additional salt and pepper, as needed.
- Cover the salad and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour or up to 24 hours before serving. Enjoy!
*This salad will last 4 to 5 days stored in a sealed, airtight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 21.3 g
- Sodium: 302 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.